Branch Technology exists to create a beautiful built world, impacting a wide variety of industries including construction, aerospace, logistics, and more. Its patented technology utilizes the power of creative design, software, robotic automation, and lean manufacturing to provide solutions to our diverse customer base. We’re growing and are attracting top talent to be part of the team that includes seasoned leaders from 3D printing, software, architecture, robotics, manufacturing, design, product development, and technology.
The Production Manager is a servant leader overseeing the daily progress made in all operational areas within the factory. Key focal points for this position are factory leadership, throughput accountability, optimization that leads to profitability, and processes that are scalable. The Production Manager fosters an environment of consistent adherence to our quality management system, recruits excellent production team members, cross-trains to mitigate the risk of downtime, stewards factory assets (e.g. robotics, equipment, tooling, and facilities), and strategically considers supply chain management. The best candidate will be creative with shift scheduling to accommodate the innovative nature of our technology, will apply common-sense methodologies to process flows, will be discontent with a disorganized or messy factory, will champion waste reduction, can thrive in a multi-shift environment, has a knack for data-driven decision-making, and sees the wisdom in resource budgeting. The ideal team player is well organized, has a self-starting work ethic, and is the company’s loudest advocate for his or her direct reports. This teammate is as comfortable leading entry-level employees as in meeting with company executives. This Brancher thrives in a fast-paced environment where new ideas and concepts are developed, often with little or no precedent, and embodies our six core values of humble genius, other centered, relentless execution, designed beauty, intense collaboration, and wise stewardship.
- Manage and develop production staff to ensure excellent execution of their daily duties, always with an eye toward hitting stated targets.
- Foster an environment where production staff feels accountable and cared for.
- Promote an ethos of excitement about efficiency, accuracy, and profitability as well as a discontentment with waste, inefficiency, and inaccuracy.
- Oversee and inform the direction of production workflows, raising any needs or improvement ideas to the engineering team.
- Lead the hiring and retention efforts for top talent in the Production teams.
- Develop and execute on a plan for material and time waste reduction for all raw materials and all processes, including advocating for appropriate resources needed that will enable a more lean, cost-effective, and profitable production environment.
- Manage stored finished parts within the realities of limited space and budget.
- Own and lead the safety initiatives on the production floor.
- Advocate for appropriate incentive plans for production staff.
- Work with the CFO/COO to create departmental budgets tied to departmental goals and with an eye toward stewarding the company’s overall budget.
- Contribute to strategic planning and company leadership meetings as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- A fundamental understanding of lean manufacturing in a robotics-driven plant
- 7+ years of experience in a factory setting
- 5+ of experience in managing direct reports or project teams.
- 3+ years of experience with automated machinery and mobile heavy machinery
- Working knowledge of workplace software (e.g., Google Workplace, Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrably professional communication and documentation skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
- Undergraduate degree in business operations, management, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of digital modeling software (e.g., Rhino, Catia, SolidWorks)
- Experience in building construction
- Fluency in at least one language other than English
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
See job details and application here.