We are looking for a talented individual like yourself to be responsible for the daily operation of the BASF Chattanooga chemical plant facility. In this role, you will be responsible for: · Make-up of solutions from batch sheets and formula cards, transfer of solutions/batches, loading/unloading chemicals to and from tanks, trucks, and railcars.
· Use and understanding of basic process controls such as control valves, flows, pressures, levels, and temperatures.
· Use and understanding of processing equipment such as compressors, pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, steam boilers, valves, forklifts, hoists, flare systems, and other associated manufacturing equipment.
· Work in all weather conditions to complete various assigned job tasks for different plant processes.
· Willing and available to work rotating 12-hour shifts, with 32-day rotation between day and night shift. The Chattanooga site is a 24/7 operation, 365 days of the year, including weekends & holidays.
· Willing and available for overtime to cross train in additional production areas and support other members of the team by providing coverage.
· Assist in plant troubleshooting, prepping equipment for service, and returning equipment to service.
· Use of PPE specific to job task including Full Faced Respirator, where applicable
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· 2-year associate degree/technical degree in Chemical Process Technology (or related) OR High School diploma with 2 years of Manufacturing experience OR equivalent military experience.· Basic computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.
· Able to read, comprehend and follow operating procedures with minimal supervision needed.
· Basic understanding of chemical processing equipment and general chemistry principals.
· Occupational health and safety, ecology, and process safety focus.
· Accountability for continuous improvement and basic understanding of lean six sigma principals.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs, with most job tasks limited to 25lbs or less and standing/walking for at least 8 hours of a 12-hour shift.