Branch Technology brings unprecedented design freedom and resource stewardship to the construction industry through large-scale 3D printing. Branch offers a unique method of 3D printing in combination with composite assemblies to create prefabricated architectural components that are as robust as they are revolutionary. Our team includes seasoned leaders from architecture, software engineering, manufacturing, and product development.
The Digital Design Specialist will support the realization of digitally manufactured architectural components and has a strong knowledge of architectural and construction processes with an emphasis on building enclosure systems. The position requires outstanding 3-dimensional thinking to provide practical solutions for complex construction challenges that leverage Branch’s core manufacturing capabilities. This team member works in the Design group and collaborates closely with the Sales and Marketing team to secure new projects. The work involves creative ideation in early design phases to execute schematic design deliverables including high quality visualizations and graphic presentations. The DDS will also collaborate closely with the project delivery team to execute project deliverables. Responsibilities include technical shop drawings and sophisticated digital models that enable manufacturing and installation, including through proficient use of 3D modeling software platforms for architectural use, with a primary focus on Rhino and Grasshopper. Revit will also be used for some deliverables. This individual collaborates with our internal teams as well as clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other third parties to meet overall project objectives. This person will assist in streamlining digital workflows to enable and optimize company goals. Most importantly, the ideal team player embodies our six core values of humble genius, other centered, relentless execution, designed beauty, intense collaboration, and wise stewardship.
Pre-Sale Design Assist Services
- Ideate schematic design solutions that leverage Branch’s core capabilities.
- Produce and deliver rendered presentations that clearly communicate design concepts.
- Enable clients to solve complex construction challenges with innovative and practical solutions with a keen understanding of Branch’s core capabilities.
- Participate in meetings with qualified prospective clients and consultants to enable sales.
Production Design Assist Services
- Complete shop drawing submittals.
- Review and coordinate shop drawing submittals with architectural drawings and /or subcontracted vendors shop drawings.
- Produce digital shop tickets and drawings to support manufacturing and installation.
- Coordinate design details directly with internal design, software, and project management teams as well as outside contractors, vendors and consultants.
- 5+ years professional experience in design at a firm or fabrication shop
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in Architecture, Design, or related field
- Advanced parametric 3D modeling proficiencies in Rhino, Grasshopper, and Revit
- Advanced rendering proficiencies in software such as Enscape or Lumeon
- Proficiencies in 3D modeling software (e.g., CAD, Maya, 3DSMax, SketchUp)
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to read, understand, and prepare construction documents including technical details.
- Demonstrably strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Ability to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development.
- Ability to independently research and problem solve technical challenges.
- Experience in a direct digital fabrication setting that includes 3D-printing, laser cutting, robotics, CNC milling, and metal fabrication.
- Working knowledge of common office programs (e.g., Google Workplace, MS Office)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Experience working in a startup environment.