The Technical Laboratory and Development Coordinator is responsible for organizing all aspects of the Testing Laboratory. This includes workflow of the lab through planning and prioritization, maintaining ISO requirements, resolving equipment issues, testing and technical support.
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental
- Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
- Actively participate in Cross Functional Safety Audits on an annual basis as scheduled by the Safety Department.
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
- Collaborates with the Director of Technology to monitor and maintain quality of laboratory operations and ensures compliance with accreditation standards, safety and environmental regulations, and other applicable requirements
- Completes or ensures verification/calibration of all equipment in the department.
- Completes or ensures completion of operator level preventative maintenance of equipment in the laboratory and development area.
- Develops and maintains workflow in the laboratory to ensure material is tested to IAW required specifications. Maintains the sample retention inventory. Is responsible for housekeeping, and ensuring materials are clearly identified throughout the testing process.
- Reviews Raw Material and Final Test Results and determines if additional testing is required
- Performs in-process [BJ1] testing on all materials brought to the Testing Laboratory at prescribed intervals defined by the Product Control Plan.
- Records Raw Material and Final Test Results in the PRIMOS computer database and documents the results on the Request for Analysis or Laboratory Request form, as appropriate.
- Reports Test Results for in-process [BJ2] testing in the PRIMOS computer database immediately upon completion. In the event that an in-process Test Result is out of specification, the manufacturing department is notified so that adjustments can be made.
- Works with other laboratory technicians to ensure that reporting of all results are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible to maintain awareness of latest technologies for testing through industry interactions outside of Audia Elastomers.
- Serves as a resource for standards interpretation for other Audia companies
- Responsible for working with the Management Representative for resolution of Quality Incident Investigations.
- Responsible for working with Laboratory Management team of Washington Penn (Arden) to ensure result equivalency, maintaining best practices, and developing proficiency testing schedules.
- Responsible for keeping Engineering Standards and Specifications updated to ensure the most current version of test methods and customer specifications are being followed.
- Coordinates outside testing activities for testing requirements that are not accredited or cannot be performed in-house.
- Interacts with the Technology, Manufacturing Purchasing, and Sales & Marketing Departments on issues that involve the Mechanical Testing Laboratory.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience working in quality or manufacturing environment.
- Training in the operation and theory of testing equipment and laboratory techniques is preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of statistical techniques necessary.
- Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and statistical programs.
- Laboratory Environment
- Manufacturing Environment
[BJ1]In-process testing is done by the operators. Final testing would be done by the coordinator. Should state Performs Final testing.
[BJ2]Again for Final testing not in-process.
Interested candidates can send resumes and/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org