Date: Jan 8, 2022
Location: Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 22712
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
To properly perform all necessary job functions required to prepare surfaces to be coated and apply paint as designed to ensure the highest quality.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work on various job assignments at different workstations.
- Work with equipment that he or she is trained to use.
- Clean, mask, mix paint, spray, and decal equipment or manufactured products from his or her Process Design Book, within standard time.
- Inspects paint work and related work of others and reports any defects or discrepancies to supervision.
- All work must be done with Safety and Quality in mind. Understanding all the environmental impacts of painting.
- Operates overhead cranes or Jib cranes safely to move and set large parts to machine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience as a painter is preferred. Minimum 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools, power tools, etc.
- Some standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must project a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, employees, and the Company.
- Incumbent may be required to work overtime to meet schedules.
- Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices, and standards.
Candidate must be willing to work 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Must have worked in his/her job for at least 6 months.
- Must have no 2nd step corrective actions.
- Must currently be in a lower classification to be eligible to apply.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.