Date: Jan 24, 2022
Location: Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 23289
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The Master Scheduler generates, incorporates, and accomplishes most schedules pertaining to planning and production. The Master Scheduler analyzes and resolves all manufacturing issues that could negatively affect production. The Master Scheduler serves as the liaison between KA distributors and CMO on all matters relating to orders for machines and attachments, scheduling, availability, delivery and shipment of same. This information is communicated to the distributor (DB) and KA Regional Sales.
Average annual production is 2,000 units across 15-20 product lines. Annual production orders issued, maintained and sequenced to build these units equals approximately 10,000. This production supports Average inventory is ~$30 million dollars in raw materials with inventory turns at ~12 annually.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Production Planning Activities: create and publish all line-on schedules for each production line; make adjustments as production volumes increase and decrease; develop production schedules for all in-house products, including products located at off-site areas ; identify and solve any manufacturing related problems which might delay shipment of machine to the distributor (DB); execute MRP activities, analyze and eliminate any problems with the MRP process; participate in miscellaneous projects for management including data analyzation, meeting preparation, BOM maintenance, and special research; provide all schedules monthly for vendor utilization. Provide the customer with a top-quality machine through coordination of all planning and manufacturing activities. Should problems arise threatening the availability of a customer’s machine, it is the Master Scheduler’s responsibility to identify the source of the problem, correct the problem, and to adjust the schedule to ensure quick delivery of the machine to the DB.
- Planning for future activities: Accurate and timely update / maintenance of the master scheduling document (aka SRM) document to include all updates for CMO SRM document (including Latin America updates) and the SCD Executive document. Assist in the monthly evaluation and development of the overall planning and scheduling process (Executive Schedule Review); develop and maintain all new models startup schedules; interdepartmental coordination of activities to ensure smooth model introductions, including entering forecasts, entering sales orders, entering costs/vendors/lead times, entering routings, etc. Make sure plans are created and more importantly are kept. As schedules need to be adjusted, counter plans are developed to ensure the end results are achieved when possible.
- Customer Support Activities: receive, process and coordinate all DB inquiries; ensure all sales orders are entered into SAP correctly; verify data by analyzing daily reports; verify all sales orders are slotted for MRP ordering purposes and to allow manufacturing to view requirements; ensure all products with varying lead times are built and shipped in accordance with the stated lead times and FLEX guidelines; expedite shipment when delivery is critical or to maintain Komatsu America delivery commitments; provide accurate information to DB regarding status of orders, availability, specifications and requested changes to specifications in support to their sales activity; communicate with DB and sales region to effectively resolve outstanding DB issues. Ensure that the customer is made aware of his/her machines and make sure that when problem comes up, they are notified.
- Inventory Control Activities: monitor the inventory levels of G8’s (fabricated components) and attachments at CMO, as well as inventory at off-site warehouses; maintain safety stock level of G8 inventory at all times anticipating receipt of incremental orders; ensure cost effective utilization of G8s, such as cost and inventory age; participate in yearly physical inventory. Maintain an adequate level of inventory. This includes keeping safety stocks at a level that is not too high yet not too low. Other tasks as needed
- BS degree in business or engineering and 3-5 yrs manufacturing planning and scheduling experience
- Detailed knowledge of forecasting, production planning and inventory control
- Competency in SAP which must include: configurator, MRP process, material master, production planning, engineering change management, BOM, purchasing and warehouse/inventory management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel VBA, Access database administration, Powerpoint)
- Data Analytic tools (Python, R, MySQL, PowerBi) a plus
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.