Manages technical projects related to the development of new product formulations, approval of existing commercial materials, technical service, and product/margin improvement. Provides technical support where required throughout the organization. Personnel in this position are often sought out by other members of the company as a resource for solving problems.
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental
|Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance |
with documentation outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental
Responsibility for Quality
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with defined management system requirements.
- Develops new product formulations and modifies/improves existing product formulations. Provides base formulations for product price quotations. Initiates production of sample formulations and compounds.
- Coordinates the development of new products with Manufacturing and Process Engineering to assure products can be produced on a commercial scale.
- Molds specimens for testing. Conditions the molded specimens as prescribed by the Product Control Plan or Customer Specification. Performs final testing on the molded specimens according to the requirements specified on the Request for Analysis or Laboratory Request form.
- Runs development products on the product development extrusion line.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates physical, thermal, weatherable, paintable, and analytical test data. Organizes this data for presentation as required by customers (i.e. Certification Packages, Technical Data Sheets, etc.)
- Evaluates raw materials for approved use in new or existing product formulations.
- Authorizes the release of samples for customer evaluations.
- Coordinates the product formulations color requirements with color additive packages and concentrates from various color suppliers. Works with color group to develop color formulations.
- Compiles and distributes periodic reviews and updates, such as project lists, monthly reports, and other reports as specified by the Director of Technology.
- Assures compliance with various regulatory agencies as related to product formulations (i.e. UL, FDA, NAFTA, NSF, etc.).
- Interfaces with vendors to identify new, or improvements to existing raw material.
- Participates in semi-weekly meetings to prioritize and schedule the production of samples.
- Participates in periodic Sales Meetings and monthly teleconferences.
- Completes Technical Reports.
- Contributes to and participates in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions to satisfy corporate compliance to defined management system.
- Interfaces with sales representatives and customers to identify new product development opportunities, to verify existing project requirements, and to update the status of existing projects
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Associates or Bachelo degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or equivalent.
- Analytical and OrganicChemistry background, education or training.
- Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Plant Environment
Interested candidates can send resumes and/or questions to: email@example.com