Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 22923
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
To perform repetitive sub-line or main-line assembly operations to mass produce heavy equipment.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assembles according to customer’s needs, by following Process Design Sheets and other written or verbal specifications.
- Assures and maintains specified torque and tension by proper setting of torque wrenches.
- Mounts and connects auxiliary, mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, or hydraulic equipment; cuts and fits parts, hoses, and tubing together.
- Installs moving parts, such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and checks them to test for free movement
- Works as a team member and co-operates with co-workers.
- Operates overhead cranes or Jib cranes safely in order to move and set large parts to machine or fixture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience or experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools, power tools etc.
- Standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling is required. Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees, and the Company.
- Incumbent may be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
- Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices and standards.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.