Date: Jan 7, 2022Location:
Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405Req ID: 23039Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
Fit-up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-assembled components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process. Uses related fabrication equipment and tools as needed.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Fit-up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-assembled components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process. Uses related fabrication equipment and tools as needed.
- Work on various job assignments at different work stations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have worked in his/her job at least 6 months.
- Must have no 2nd step corrective actions.
- Must currently be in a lower classification to be eligible to apply.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Welding degree from technical college or 1+ years experience in welding required.
- Candidate must be able to fit up, tack weld, and finish weld on sub-components and main frames of construction equipment using (GMAW) “mig” welding process.
- Candidate must possess good safety and attendance record.
- Candidate must be available to work any shift.
- Must pass AWS D14.3 qualifications.
- Must project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees and the Company.
- Incumbent may be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
- Some standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must comply with all environmental, quality and safety rules, practices and standards.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.