A 138-year-old Chattanooga, TN company, CAW, has an immediate need for a technician skilled in Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) applications. It is important that this individual has a working knowledge of AC/DC Drives and Inverters as they relate to the entire process of an application or system.
We have a limited amount of time for this employee to work collaboratively with an existing, knowledgeable technician before he retires. It is preferable that the individual we employ has several years of experience with new product as well as general troubleshooting, bench repair, and problem solving VFDs.
CAW, a five-generation-old company, is an EASA (Electrical Apparatus Service Association) Electric Motor Shop. We sell, service, and repair electric motors, drives, pumps, gearboxes, and we also offer a variety of field services that include Laser Alignment, Dynamic Balance, Infrared Analysis, Vibration Analysis, Installation, and PdMA. We predominately work with manufacturers in the industrial world and typically deal directly with the Maintenance/Plant and Project Engineering folks that service both production and also facilities maintenance in a building like HVAC/Air Compressors. We are an integral part of keeping customers running when their machines and processes fail. It is our goal to help customers achieve a greater level of reliability with their equipment.
- In-Shop and In-Field Work: Install, Repair, Troubleshooting, Working Knowledge of applications to discuss directly with customers and recommend products and solutions
- Operations/Supply Chain: Working with both customers and suppliers to source best product and pricing and communicating to our customer the information, including quotes, sales orders, and follow up
- 24/7/365 Availability: This technician should be open to overtime and emergency call-ins
- Autonomy: Day-to-day independent-style work and responsibilities while reporting directly to our Shop Manager as part of the strategic team
- People Savvy: A personable manner and communication skills to problem solve for customers will be an integral part of this position
- Growth: A desire to grow and actualization of growing our business through sales and services of VFDs and other related equipment as a part of our strategic plan is necessary
- Training: Some on-the-job training to learn company culture and existing systems – we are open to discussing continuing education and we have access to additional training materials through our industry trade association membership
- Teamwork: A willingness toward active participation as part of our team is of foremost importance
- Supportive work environment focused on helping you do your job to the best of your ability
- Competitive pay scale (based on experience)
- Vacation and Holidays
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Overtime/Holiday pay available
Chattanooga Armature Works