Date: Jan 14, 2022
Location: Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 22925
Onsite or Remote: Partial Remote Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The Sr. Cost Accountant must maintain general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy and resolve any cost issues or discrepancies in a timely manner. This includes performing month-end close tasks, properly recording journal entries, completing account reconciliations in a timely manner, making sure all inventory reserves are correct, and setting standard costs for import products. This role will be focusing on import cost accounting for several divisions within Komatsu.
Responsible for import cost accounting, business planning, forecasting, and reporting for 5 Komatsu divisions (CE, Utility, Forestry, Forklift, and Mining). The combined Inventory is valued at approximately $400M+ with approximately 2,400 units in Finished Machine Inventory. The role is responsible for analyzing variances and performing costing for approximately 9,0000 annual wholesales units with a COGS of $1.1B, comprised of around 190 different models. Oversees physical inventories at 5 stockyards spread across the country. Responsible for planning and controlling capacity costs worth around $40M.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintains standard costing system and compiles cost estimates for new options and models.
- Performs month-end closing tasks including booking journal entries, analyzing variances, completing account reconciliations, and preparing monthly inventory reporting packages.
- Develops annual plan and quarterly forecasts for inventory, freight, direct selling costs, and other variable costs.
- Oversees physical inventory counts.
- Supports internal and external audits.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance required, Masters and/or CMA preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressive accounting and or financial analysis experience.
- Understanding of cost accounting systems and inventory management practices.
- Ability to work both independently and within cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate or better PC skills, including experience using Microsoft Excel and ERP systems. Experience using SAP highly desired.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.