The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting data regarding conformance to Washington Penn Plastic’s overall quality management system.
Responsibility for Safety, Health & Environmental
- Individual is expected to perform job duties safely and in compliance with work instructions outlined in the Safety, Health & Environmental system.
- Actively participate in the facility scorecards.
Responsibility for Quality
- Individual is expected to perform job duties in compliance with the defined quality management system.
- Performs Certificate of Analysis review of all incoming raw materials, and finished products.
- Interacts with internal and external customers.
- Performs process audits on areas of the facility.
- Conduct process capability studies for lab equipment and oversee process capability studies for production equipment.
- Oversee trials involving changes in processes, instrumentations, and measurements.
- Assists in product development of the product control plans through pre-trial meetings.
- On a daily basis gathers, interprets, and applies statistical methods to various production/quality related processes. Communicates the results through reports, files, and presentations during the daily OEE meetings.
- Compile and analyze data consisting of; product defect trends, final functionality results for finished product, and lab testing equipment measurement results.
- Conduct equipment verification studies.
- Participate in Plan, Do, Check, Act planning and execution process for the facility.
- Assume a leading role in process improvement for operations incidents that involve internally rejected materials. This involves participating in a cross functional team that determines the root cause and implements permanent corrective actions.
- Tracks and monitors non-conforming materials consisting mainly of scrap, internal rejections, and returns. Makes recommendations for material disposition to the production team based upon statistical analysis.
- Participates in the overall quality strategy planning for the plant that is aligned with the WPP quality goals.
- Leads the new hire quality training program for the facility.
- Participates in customer, internal, and third party audits of the quality management system.
- Leads and manages the Colorists and Assistant Supervisors. Provides guidance and mentoring in order to build and sustain a strong team.
- Leads key improvement projects.
- Leads and implements best practices across multiple facilities.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Travel required on occasion.
- A Bachelor of Science degree is required.
- Training in the operation and theory of testing equipment and laboratory techniques is preferred.
- Skilled in the use of computer software, including word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics, k and statistical analysis programs.
- Basic understanding of ASTM, and ISO standards.
- Ability to use statistical analysis tools.
- Understanding of typical mechanical properties, for example, tensile, flex, hardness, impact, and shrinkage is preferred.
- Supervisory experience with direct reports.
- Laboratory Environment
- Manufacturing Environment
Interested candidates can send resumes and/or questions to: email@example.com