Date: Feb 1, 2022Location:
Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 21931
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager to join our team supporting our Chattanooga Manufacturing Operations. This is a leadership position responsible for managing employee relations, talent acquisition, talent development, compensation, benefits and other related human resources programs. In addition to leading a team of local HR generalists, this position works closely with the GM, financial controller, EHS Manager and other key business leaders.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Employee relations management
- Strategic workforce planning
- Talent management (attraction, development, retention, engagement)
- Legislative compliance (policy, procedure, communication)
- Change Management / Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or a related field; HR Certifications a plus
- 5+ years prior experience leading and developing a team of HR professionals (generalists and specialists)
- Prior experience working in a heavy equipment, industrial, manufacturing business
- Prior experience working with a diverse group of employee groups (contract workers, service technicians, operations leaders, administrative support professionals, senior leaders).
- Experience in skilled trades talent acquisition and development strategies
- Well versed in state and national employment law
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.