Reports to: Engineering and Quality Manager
Summary: Responsible for developing and optimizing compounding extrusion processes and plant process engineering activities including: Process development, optimizing machine rates, yields and efficiencies, new product scale up, screw design, process optimization, equipment and design specifications, installation and debugging of new machines, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical support to daily manufacturing operations, including process optimization, process development, new product scale up, and screw design.
- Assists, as required, in the evaluation of raw materials for approved use in new or existing product formulations.
- Contributes to and participates in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions to satisfy corporate compliance to management defined system.
- Participates in the design, development, and implementation of quality systems as outlined in the Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan manual.
- Maintains a working knowledge of technical developments within the industry and assists with the design of manufacturing systems.
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of Process Control Plans and FMEA’s.
- Respond to Customer complaints that relate to processing. Provide technical support as required throughout the organization.
- Actively participate in Operating Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) meetings with manufacturing.
- Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives including new equipment installation, validation, etc.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering or related field is required. Hands on experience in manufacturing production environment is strongly preferred along with exposure to extrusion processes.
- Understanding of manufacturing business practices.
- Continuous improvement knowledge
- Must be able to travel to Customer sites, Vendors, and between Audia divisions.
- Skilled in the use of basic computer software, including word-processing, graphics, control systems and spreadsheets.
Interested candidates can send resumes
and/or questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org