Date: Jan 31, 2022
Location: Chattanooga, TN, US, 37405
Req ID: 23228
Onsite or Remote: Onsite Position
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
To set up and operate metal-removing machines such as numerical control equipment, machining centers, lathes, milling machines, sharpers, or grinders, etc. to machine parts to specifications.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Operate machine center following the CNC Process/Program set by Manufacturing Engineering.
- Work on various job assignments at different work stations.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- May install machined parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment, and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 1year experience with reading blueprints, using calipers, micrometers and bore gauges in a manufacturing environment required.
- CNC machining experience strongly preferred.
- Must be able to use a variety of hand tools, power tools etc.
- Some standing, kneeling, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must project a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees, and the Company.
- Incumbent may be required to work overtime as required to meet schedules.
- Must comply with all environmental and safety rules, and practices.
- Must be available to work any shift.
- Must have worked in his/her job for at least 6 months.
- Must have no 2nd step corrective actions.
- Must currently be in a lower classification to be eligible to apply.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.