The Chattanooga Regional Manufacturers Association is excited to recognize members of the organization that are exemplifying practices that result in manufacturing excellence. Since 1993, the Association has annually recognized one individual for their contributions to manufacturing, through the C.D. Mitchell Awards that is awarded at the annual meeting. The Manufacturing Excellence Awards serve to distinguish entire organizations for their overall achievements and positive impacts.
Company of the Year
- A CRMA member may be nominated for one or all awards during the nomination timeframe; however the member will be eligible to win in only one award category per year.
- Once all nominations are received, each nominee will be contacted to schedule a date for an on-site visit by the CRMA award selection committee. The on-site visit will last no longer than 1.5 hours, and if possible, should include a company tour and time to review award criteria, which is listed below.
- All judges of the CRMA Manufacturers Excellence Awards will sign confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements. The committee has a clear policy in place to ensure that conflicts of interest are avoided.
- Final decisions on all awards will be made by the selection committee.
- All awards will be presented during the CRMA Manufacturers Excellence Awards Luncheon on April 15, 2018.
- Nominations must be submitted no later than March 2, 2018.
Nominees for the CRMA Manufacturers Excellence Awards will be evaluated based on the following categories and criteria:
- Shows a strong corporate commitment to safety
- Displays evidence of a solid environmental program with improvement as a target
- Displays evidence of energy reduction process improvements as a target
- Displays evidence of quality improvements in the overall manufacturing process with the aim to provide the customer with zero defective products
- Shows evidence of continuous improvement in manufacturing methods
- Displays evidence of sound practices in business operations
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Appreciation
- Displays evidence of community involvement
- Site is clean, safe and well organized